Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the surface of front teeth creating a flawless new smile.
Although they can be made of different materials, porcelain is used because of its durability and realistic appearance. Porcelain veneers are a more conservative alternative to crowns since they require less removal of the tooth's original surface. With porcelain veneers in place, you can expect a straighter, whiter and more even looking smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers:
- to close diastemas (spaces between the teeth)
- to restore broken or chipped teeth
- to cover unsightly, stained or washed-out fillings
- to whiten permanently stained or discoloured teeth
- to correct uneven or crooked teeth
Through a regular oral hygiene routine cleaning and dental examinations, veneers can last for many years. Because veneers are stronger than simple bonding, they are also more resistant to stains and chipping. To help ensure your veneers last a long time and keep looking as good as new, we recommend you avoid biting your nails and chewing on hard objects such as pens.